Stopping and Removing Mold Damage in Nampa
Understanding Moisture and a Food Source Help to Prevent Mold Growth
Mold spores are common to every home in Nampa. In their dormant state, they are no more of a threat than common dust. It is only when the spores are affected by the right factors, do they become a problem in area homes.
Nampa mold damage can only happen when spores have enough moisture to grow within a range of 68 to 86 degrees and find a suitable food source. SERVPRO understands that since that is the normal range for most homes year-round, the best way we can eliminate mold and remediate the damage is to remove the water that provides a starting point and the food source spores need to grow the colony further.
Our primary task then is to find and eliminate the leak or another source of moisture. Most mold growth in a home begins due to a problem with a pipe or a faulty appliance that leaks or seeps water like a dishwasher or a poorly connected garbage disposal. If we find the growth began inside a wall or a crawlspace, then the source is more likely a leak in the roof or an outside wall that allows water into the home. SERVPRO technicians are trained to find and repair these leaks if they are minor.
After stopping the water, we spray anti-microbial agents on all visible mold. These chemicals kill mold on contact, making it harmless once more. If the mold has had enough time to extend hyphae into building material like drywall, we remove what is now a food source. Hyphae look like roots and serve the same purpose for mold: Search for food. These mold extensions quickly burrow into drywall and other natural fibers like cotton and wool. Some spores even feed on home insulation. Since many of these building materials are difficult to clean, it is often cheaper to replace infested material than to try and clean it.
SERVPRO of Nampa / Caldwell has removed and remediated mold damage for Idaho residents over the last twenty years. For more information about what SERVPRO can do to help you return your home to safe, dry environment, call us today at (208) 466-5000. We are here for you.
Click here for more about this town.