If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (208) 466-5000

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Are You Plugging Fire Damage into Your Nampa Home?

4/23/2019 (Permalink)

Overloaded plugs and frayed wires are common causes of house fires.

Fire Damage Cleanup for Your Nampa Home

Electricity is one of the most important inventions, and modern gadgets have made life in Nampa a lot easier, giving us time to indulge in other kinds of activities. However, do we think much about the electrical cords that go to all of our devices? We might have furniture or heavy boxes resting on them, or the wiring might run underneath a carpet and get overheated. These things can also result in frayed wiring which needs repair or replacement immediately to avoid a fire hazard.  

When a frayed wire has sparked a fire and left fire damage in your Nampa home, you want to call the professionals of SERVPRO for help restoring your structure right away. Even a small fire needs to be cleaned up properly, so more damage does not occur. Settled soot from any fire is acidic and continues to do damage until removal from your home and possessions.  

When the fire was small with no structural damage, SERVPRO techs still need to take care of the smoke odors left behind. You might not even be able to see the smoke residues, but they are still present. Getting rid of the source of odors if possible is our first step. We ventilate the area affected by the odors, and then we clean any surfaces which have smoke residues with a deodorant/detergent solution. Most of the cleaning is typically done in the room that had the fire and in the adjoining rooms. Areas that are farther from the source should only need minimal cleaning.  

We ventilate the area once more and then reassess if any odors remain. If they do, we distribute deodorizers in various phases of odor control. Our team controls vapor odors by applying odor counteractant beads, and we also thermal-fog the area affected. We start the fogging in the source area and then dispense less fog as we move away. We also check for any odor pockets in wall cavities or spaces above suspended ceilings and fog them if needed.  

If your HVAC system was operating during the fire, that gets inspected as well. Putting a cheesecloth over the vents can detect whether there is smoke contamination coming from the ventilation system. The cheesecloth also keeps your HVAC system from getting dirty again while we are cleaning the rest of your structure.  

Even after a small fire in your home in Cadwell, Nampa, or the surrounding areas, you can trust SERVPRO of Nampa/Caldwell to take care of the smoke odors and residues left behind. Instead of trying to clean it yourself, call us at (208) 466-5000. We ensure a thorough job so your home is clean and safe again.

Read about Nampa here.

Other News

View Recent Posts