How Can Problems With my Furniture Get Fixed During Water Cleanup in my Nampa House?
SERVPRO Can Mitigate Several Issues That Occur When the Furniture in your Nampa House Gets Wet
If you ever suffer from a water leak on the top floor of your house, water can pour down to your lower level from the ceiling and saturate many of your structural components and possessions. Moisture coming from the top of one of your rooms and running down can affect items like your ceiling, drywall, and possibly your furniture.
What problems can occur to my furniture if it gets wet?
• Water Spotting- During water cleanup in your Nampa house, our SERVPRO experts can fix water spots that develop on dry clean only fabrics by wetting the entire piece of furniture.
• Color Bleeding- Colors from the fabrics, metal, or wooden legs can bleed and cause staining to your carpets that we can sometimes remove.
• Swelling- Since most furniture has wooden frames, the wood can swell and cause the joints to become weak. Moisture can also cause the glue to break down and the joints of the frame to become damaged.
• Mildew Growth- To reduce the chances of mold forming, we can use air movers and dehumidifiers to rapidly dry out your affected pieces of furniture.
What happens to my wooden furniture when it comes into contact with moisture?
Water spots can form on some types of finished wooden furniture. Moisture can also cause the joints in furniture to weaken and come loose. Furniture with laminated particleboard can become warped because the laminate can work as a vapor barrier and trap moisture in the wood underneath it.
How can you dry upholstered furniture?
• First, we extract the wet upholstery with a handheld extraction tool.
• We can then dry any buttons or zippers on your furniture.
• We can also put your wet cushions in a tent formation so that the air movers and dehumidifiers can dry out them out more quickly.
If any of the furniture inside your house ever gets wet when a pipe leaks on your second floor, call SERVPRO of Nampa / Caldwell at (208) 466-5000 24/7.
For more about Nampa click here.