After Fixing a Leaking Pipe in My Nampa Home, I Have to Deal with the Water Damage. Where Should I Start?
Call a Restoration Firm Like SERVPRO to Handle the Water Damage in Your Nampa Property
Water from a burst pipe can cause significant damage in your Nampa home if ignored. Let our technicians handle the issue to prevent costly repairs. SERVPRO has decades of experience and advanced equipment that helps us to handle water damage incidents of any size or scope.
How do you inspect for damage?
To handle the water damage in your Nampa property, we inspect the affected areas to determine the best techniques and equipment to use. Water can sip in confined spaces, such as crawl spaces, which are hard to enter and lack ventilation. To inspect the property adequately, our restoration experts can use thermal imaging cameras to see how water traveled in the area. We can also use moisture meters to check for hidden moisture in your home.
What precautions should I take after the incident?
Depending on the level of water damage, electrical safety is essential. Turn off the power supply in your property to minimize the chances of electrical hazards. Other precautions include:
- Do not use your home vacuum to remove the water because an electrical shock can occur. The device may also get damaged.
- Do not place newspapers on damp surfaces because the ink can transfer to the surfaces.
- Avoid walking on wet surfaces any more than is necessary to decrease safety hazards and to avoid spreading contamination.
- not activate your HVAC system if it has come into contact with water.
- Avoid adjusting indoor temperatures unless restoration technicians instruct you to do so.
Can you dry the confined spaces?
Our SERVPRO restorers ensure that the drying process is thorough to avoid secondary damage, such as mold growth and odors. We can use structural cavity drying equipment to direct airflow into the confined spaces. The machine replaces the cool, moist air with warm, dry air, increasing temperature in the surfaces, lowering vapor pressure, and increasing the evaporation rate.
Using state-of-the-art equipment and edge-cutting restoration techniques, SERVPRO of Nampa / Caldwell can get your property to its pre-damaged condition. “Like it never even happened.” Talk to us today at (208) 466-5000.